Courier company founded in 1907 in the United States, UPS has grown into a multibillion dollar company with the main objective of facilitating trade globally. Today, UPS (United Parcel Service Inc.) is an international company whose brand is one of the best known and admired worldwide. Known as the leading express parcel service delivery company in the world, we are also one of the first providers of specialized transportation, logistics, capital and e–commerce. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, capital and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
This can be illustrated with figures:
- $54.1 Billion in revenue in 2012
- Nearly 400,000 employees (6th largest global private employer)
- 4 billion packages and documents delivered in 2012 globally
- 16.3 million packages and documents delivered in 2012 in France
- Nearly 9 million customers per day
- 9th largest World Airline (230 aircraft owned and 332 chartered)
- 95,125 "green" vehicles (trucks, motorcycles, gondolas...)
- $1 Billion invested in technological development per year.