UPS has approximately 2,550 employees in France in Express Delivery and in freight and logistics. UPS is represented in France with 2 entities: UPS France (Express delivery) and UPS SCS/UPS Logistics Group (air and maritime freight). For 27 years, UPS has grown in France and now has large grid and infrastructure.
We have 50 facilities near big cities in France, 2 "hubs" or logistics center (the heart of national operations) in Chilly-Mazarin (91) and Jonage (69), and the main "hub" or air center in Roissy-Charles de Gaulle (95). We are also at other French airports. Our largest hub in Europe is located in Cologne, Germany.
For air and maritime freight activities, we have facilities near French ports or airports. Our logistics centers are in St Witz (95) and St Quentin Fallavier (38).
UPS is still growing in Europe and France. The recent acquisitions, such as KIALA in 2012, indicated our dynamism and our will to find more solutions for our customers offering high quality services.
Logistics has always been about finding solutions that make the world work better.
But how did UPS become the world's largest package delivery company and a global leader in supply chain services?
UPS was founded in the US in 1907 as "American Messenger". Year after year, bike messenger services and retail store deliveries were replaced by global freight and web-based tracking to financial and mail services, and that makes UPS a worldwide company. The key factor to success is our dedication to our people and our customers.
Our values, our purpose, our mission!
Empowering careers and commerce around the globe calls on values, purpose and mission that drives us.
We are concerned by the environment and the society we live and work in. Promoting social responsibility and environmental conservation is UPS' purpose.
Social engagement / Fondation UPS:
With actions supporting our social responsibility, UPS employees give help where is needed.
For example, we take action in schools, day nursery or associations. In 2014, 498 UPS employees in France took action in associations, which represents more than 2500 hours of volunteering. UPS Foundation brought financial aids, about $118000, to these associations.
Globally speaking, UPS Foundation donated more than $50M to 4800 associations all over the world.
Our values, our deep beliefs.
- Integrity, Excellence, Customer service and Innovation are in the heart of our activity:
- Integrity is a part of our philosophy and inspires our actions
- Our constructive criticism leads us to Excellence
- Customer service: bringing solutions to our customers and our society is the key of our success.
- Innovation: Creativity and change are the fundamentals to our evolution and growth
Our Purpose – Why We’re in Business
- We enable global commerce.
Our mission: what we seek to achieve
- We are "United to serve" and we bring solutions to our customers all over the world in retail, logistics, finance and insurance, offering excellence and value in all we do
- We inspire our people and business partners to do their best, offering opportunities for personal development and success
- We make a difference in the commmunities we serve as a responsible, caring and sustainable company
UPS Enterprise Strategy
Create Value, Transform, and Invest to Grow
Create value for customers using our superior portfolio of logistics capabilities
- Demonstrate how the power of logistics can create a competitive advantage for our customers.
- Offer products and services that expand our customers' access to global markets.
- Configure our broad portfolio of solutions for targeted industries.
- Offer industry-leading technology that simplifies and improves our customers' business processes.
Continually transform to strengthen our leadership position
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Apply marketing and sales excellence to drive profitable growth.Apply marketing and sales excellence to drive profitable growth.
- Enhance performance through quality, efficiency, and technology.
Invest to accelerate growth in key markets and new opportunities
- Accelerate growth by leveraging our global network and scale.
- Build our infrastructure and presence in key emerging markets.
- Expand our offerings of integrated logistics solutions.
What does it take to track up to 50 million packages in a single day?
With the support of innovating technologies, our employees manage the global supply chain. From the modernity of our technology to the deployement of an important IT network which help our operations to manage our vehicules.
We work to develop a better world for sailers beginning with our own operations. Efficiency and sustainability are our 1st priority. Our involment in term of technology it is to have the better tools for each mission as using of our tracking device (DIAD) which allows to communicate data and track in real time each package delivery. With more than 97,000 DIAD in our network, our customers and our internal departments can follow each package. UPS allows more than 1 milliard of dollars per year for data technology in order to be able to provide to our customer the best tracking service.
From smartphone apps or from our website www.ups.com (which manages more than 26,2 millions of tracking following request per day), we support more than 598,000 customers. "Before UPS was a compagny with technology. Now, UPS is a technologicall compagny with trucks" James Kelly, CEO UPS 2000.
Another example of our commitment to innovation is UPS Worldport in Louisville, Kentucky. With the capacity to sort 416,000 packages per hour and 1.5 million daily, it shows how far the innovative thinking of a brilliant team can go. But it doesn't stop there. Our line of products and services used by our customers continue to redefine the way the world does business.